This one-day workshop “Gam-R – Gamification Reloaded” at CHI PLAY 2019 brings together researchers to share knowledge and ideas on different topics of gamification. The workshop organizers invite a broad range of contributions, including:
- Application of gamification to support Open Science respectively the use of Open Science principles for gamification research
- Use of gamification in training and learning contexts, in business and in (open) science
- Target group-specific use of gamification, e.g. for researchers or students
- Anatomical consideration of gamification: Analysis of individual game design elements with regard to their suitability for being used in open scientific environments and/or for being shared openly
- Implementation of gamification for augmented, virtual or mixed reality (e.g., when communicating, teaching or opening up scientific methods and results)
Participants are invited to submit a 4-page position paper (excluding references) in the SIGCHI extended abstract format to EasyChair (link will follow). Authors may describe ongoing work, case studies, recent results and approaches related to the workshop topics.
The selection of the contributions is carried out by the workshop organizers according to an objective catalogue of criteria and peer review, with at least two reviewers evaluating a submitted contribution according to relevance, quality of results and likelihood of stimulating and contributing to the scientific discussion. If accepted, at least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop and all participants must register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the conference.
- Link for submission: tbc
- Link to the template: tbc
- Deadline: tbc
- Deadline: tbc
- Notifications: tbc
- Final date for submission: tbc
For further information or if you have any questions, simply write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.