For the workshop, original contributions on the topic of gamification can be submitted. Thematically, these should preferably be found in the following areas, but are not limited to these:
- Use of gamification in various contexts such as in training and learning contexts, in business and open science
- Target group-specific use of gamification for different age groups and stages of life, e.g., for children or pensioners
- Analysis of individual game elements and their interactions with each other
- Implementation of gamification for augmented, virtual, or mixed reality
- Definitions and differentiation between gamification and other related fields
- Future of gamification in the spirit of long-term motivation and the preservation of motivation in general
- Novel and agile evaluation methods for gamification effectiveness testing
- Adaptive gamification solutions based on individual user behavior and user characteristics and personality
- Failed gamification projects which provide insight and added value for others
- Ethical aspects and dimensions of gamification
In the second part of the workshop, a discussion on open (research) aspects, further research goals and a future joint approach will take place. The focus will be on networking and, if applicable, the planning of activities around the topic of gamification. We want to realize this using a Barcamp format. For prior coordination, topics should be entered in advance in our Etherpad: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/gamr2021.
- Link on the conference pages: https://muc2021.mensch-und-computer.de/de/programm/akzeptierte-workshops/#MCI-WS11_4th_International_Workshop_%E2%80%9EGam-R_-_Gamification_Reloaded
- Link for submission: https://www.conftool.com/muc2021/index.php?page=newPaper&form_contributiontypeID=136&newpaper=true
- Language: German or English
- Length: 4-8 pages including references, not anonymised
- Template: https://muc2021.mensch-und-computer.de/en/call-for-papers-overview/authoring-guidelines-and-templates/ – ACM two-column format
- BarCamp proposals in advance for presentations: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/gamr2021
- Deadline: 04.06.2021 – this is the final deadline, there won’t be any extension!
- Notification about acceptance or rejection: 18.06.2021
- Submission of the final paper: 02.07.2021
- Workshop: 05.09.2021
- Workshop: 05.09.2021
The selected papers will be included in the Mensch und Computer workshop proceedings. With the submitted paper, at least one author agrees to present the paper at the workshop.
For further information or if you have any questions, just write an email at email@example.com.